Samsung Galaxy S5: How to Enable, Use and Disable My Magazine in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat

When I got my Samsung Galaxy S5 for the first time, I noticed that when I scrolled right on the Home screen, I was presented with inactive My Magazine, asked me whether I wanted to activate it. Since this app is not activated by default therefore you have to configure it first before using it in your phone. In case you have not known about My Magazine yet, when it's activated you'll be able to see summary of the news and live social network updates that you're interested with in a single page.


How to enable My Magazine?
It's quite simple to configure or turn on My Magazine, you can use the following steps to do so:
  1. In Home screen, tap to go to My Magazine.
  2. Tap Next button in the welcome screen.
  3. Check the box in the left side of I agree option in the Term of use screen and then tap Start button.
  4. To change the content of My Magazine, tap and then select Settings.
  5. If necessary, you can set My Magazine to refresh its content when you open it by checking the box next to Auto refresh on opening.
  6. Under the NEWS section, you can choose the news you're interested with by checking the box in the desired news from the following options:
    • Arts and culture
    • Business
    • New and noteworthy
    • News
    • Photos and design
    • Sport
    • Style
    • Technology and science
    • Books
    • Today's picks
    • Food and dining
    • Living
    • Music
    • Travel
  7. Under the SOCIAL section, you can choose social networks you're interested with by checking the box in the desired social network from the following options:
    • 500px
    • Flickr
    • Google+
    • LinkedIn
    • RenRen
    • SINA Weibo
    • Tumblr
    • Twitter
    • Youtube
  8. My Magazine app will display the news and live update for the social networks you have selected before.


How to use My Magazine?
Once you activate My Magazine and select the desired news and social networks, then you can use My Magazine by using the following steps:
  1. In Home screen, tap to go to My Magazine.
  2. It'll automatically refresh the content if you have activated auto refresh on opening. If not, you can refresh My Magazine content manually by swiping down the screen.
  3. Tap and hold a content and then drag it to the top or bottom to reorder the content.
  4. Tap the news or social network update to read the entire news or social network update in the website/app. FYI, if you have selected a social network that has not been activated in your phone then you'll be asked to activate it when you tap the social network content in My Magazine. Until you activate it, the content of inactive social networks will be blank and labelled with Tap to get started.


How to disable My Magazine?
In case you don't want My Magazine is displayed on the Home screen or want to remove it from the Home screen, then you can turn off My Magazine by using the following steps:
  1. Pinch your fingers together on the Home screen or tap on any blank area on the Home screen to enter the edit mode.
  2. Tap Home screen settings .
  3. Clear the checkbox next to My Magazine to disable this option.
  4. Tap the Back button to return to the edit mode.
  5. Spread two fingers apart together on the screen or tap on any Home screen preview to get out from the edit mode.
  6. My Magazine won't be displayed on the Home screen.

Please note that since this app requires a network connection, it may result in additional charges if you use mobile data instead of Wi-Fi. Thus it'd better if you disable auto refresh content if you're not connected to the Wi-Fi network or if your data plan is not unlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)